Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: If I posted bail for someone, how do I get it refunded?

A: Once the judge has ordered the bond released, you may present your receipt to the clerk in the division in which it was posted. After the disposition of the case is noted on the receipt, you can go to the Accounting Department, Room 2018, and a check will be disbursed.

Q: Has a restitution payment been made?

A: If it has been more than 30 days since your last payment was received and the case was in Circuit Court, the Accounting Department can provide this information to the recipient. Juvenile Court cases are confidential. For information about restitution ordered by District Court, contact the County Attorney’s Restitution Office at 502-574-6336.

Q: Can anyone receive information from the Accounting Department ledger cards?

A: Because accounting ledger cards are used for accounting purposes only and are not part of the official case, information on the ledgers is limited to the parties involved.

Q: When does the Accounting Department issue checks?

A: Checks are issued Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Q: Can someone else pick up my bond money?

A: The surety may request that someone else be allowed to retrieve his or her bond money by completing a Bond Assignment Order. The order must be signed by a judge.

Q: To whom should a check be made payable?

A: Checks should be made payable to Jefferson County Circuit Court Clerk.

Q: When will I receive my check for serving on jury duty?

A: Checks payable to members of the jury pool are processed and mailed three weeks after all trials for that jury pool have been settled.

Contact Information

Accounting Department
Office of Circuit Court Clerk
Louis D. Brandeis Hall of Justice
2nd Floor, Room 2018
600 W. Jefferson St.
Louisville, KY 40202