Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What information is needed for a person to obtain a copy of a divorce decree?

A: The name of one of the parties and the approximate year the case was filed.

Q: Why does a charge show up on a defendant’s record if it has been purged?

A: Only expunged cases are eliminated from all court and agency records.

Q: How can I get a copy of a case located at the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives in Frankfort?

A: The Department of Archives and Records can order cases for a customer at no charge. You can come to the department to obtain copies or you can request copies by phone. Copies will be mailed after payment is received.